STOCKS IN THIS WATCHLIST ARE GENERALLY GEARED TOWARDS SWING TRADING BUT CAN ALSO BE USED FOR DAY OR LONG TRADES. STOCKS ARE EITHER TRENDING TOWARDS A BULLISH TECHNICAL CHART OR CURRENTLY IN ONE. ANY TECHNICAL ANALYSIS IS PROVIDED IN THE ACCOMPANYING CHARTS. PLEASE DO YOUR OWN DUE DILIGENCE BEFORE INVESTING IN THESE STOCKS. (The Shares Float is based on figures from FinViz.Com or wsj.com).
Stocks highlighted in this watchlist include: $GTE, $CUR, $BIOC, $BNED, $LE
GTE: Float of 367.18 million shares with 1.33% short. Stock price is up nicely since the November 28th NR that GTE, a company focused on oil and gas exploration and production in Colombia, has reached new milestones in the Middle Magdalena Valley Basin ("MMV") during November 2017. In August 2016, Gran Tierra expanded into the MMV through the acquisition of PetroLatina Energy Limited. After little more than a year, the MMV assets, and in particular the Acordionero field, have become a significant part of the Company's portfolio and growth. Highlights include:
• Record Production - Since acquiring the Acordionero field in the MMV in August 2016, Gran Tierra has increased its production by 225% to a record high average rate of 15,358 barrels of oil per day ("bopd") (average from November 15 to 27, 2017)
• Free Cash Flow - From the acquisition date of August 23, 2016, until September 30, 2017, the MMV assets have generated $116 million in oil and natural gas sales and $85 million of operating netback1, while the Company made capital investments of $66 million; these assets have generated free cash flow during today's low oil price environment
• Drilling Efficiency - Cumulative average 46% drilling cost savings and 35% faster drilling times since acquisition in August 2016
• Diversification - The MMV assets now account for approximately 46% of Gran Tierra's total production
• Reservoir Quality - Since the acquisition, Gran Tierra has drilled, completed and brought on production 10 Acordionero oil wells which have demonstrated better than expected reservoir quality and thickness, higher than expected initial oil rates per well and increasing oil quality higher in the reservoir structure
• Enhanced Oil Recovery ("EOR") - Gran Tierra's plans for early optimization and EOR are underway with source injection water identified, pilot water injection wells drilled and tested and the waterflood pilot has commenced
CUR: Float of 12.51 million shares with 5.91% short. Trades almost 4.5 x its float of Tuesday with a very strong finish at the HOD. Looking for a continuation of the gap fill potentially spiking another 75% on Wednesday. After-hours was dows 7.4%.
Neuralstem (CUR) revealed a huge clinical win on the back of the drug maker's successful updated Phase 2 clinical data in major depressive disorder, where the company's NSI-189 asset impressed at the 56th American College of Neuropsychopharmacology (ACNP) Annual meeting.
BIOC: Float of 27.16 million shares with 9.67% short. This could be hugh in the long run. Closed near the HOD on Tuesday.
On Tuesday, BIOC announced the issuance of a key US patent covering the company's proprietary "switch-blocker" technology. The technology enriches patient specimens for oncogene mutations of interest, resulting in ultra-high sensitivity and specificity for the detection of cancer-associated mutations. The switch blocker technology is designed to improve detection rates for these oncogenes, allowing physicians to make informed decisions for the selection of therapy and monitoring of treatment response over time for patients with cancer.
Biocept CSO Lyle Arnold commented, "The issuance of this patent signals what we believe is the first in a series of worldwide patents protecting our proprietary, highly sensitive ctDNA platform technology [...] When combined with our patents and technology related to CTC capture and analysis as well as our blood transport tubes, Biocept has significant coverage protecting all three of its core liquid biopsy technology platforms."
BNED: Float of 35.22 million shares with 6.69% short. Great Earnings for Q2.
Barnes & Noble Education, Inc. (BNED), a leading provider of educational products and services solutions for higher education and K-12 institutions, today reported sales and earnings for the second quarter for fiscal year 2018. The Company has two reportable segments: Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, LLC (“BNC”) and MBS Textbook Exchange, LLC (“MBS”).
Financial highlights for the second quarter 2018 and fiscal year to date 2018:
- Consolidated sales of $886.9 million increased 15.1%, as compared to the prior year period; year to date consolidated sales of $1,242.6 million increased 23.0% as compared to the prior year period.
- Consolidated second quarter GAAP net income of $48.4 million, as compared to $29.3 million in the prior year period; year to date GAAP net income of $13.6 million, as compared to $1.4 million in the prior year period.
- Consolidated second quarter non-GAAP Adjusted EBITDA of $102.4 million, an increase of $32.0 million, as compared to the prior year period; year to date non-GAAP Adjusted EBITDA of $70.0 million, an increase of $36.1 million, as compared to the prior year period.
- Consolidated second quarter non-GAAP Adjusted Earnings of $49.9 million, as compared to $29.7 million in the prior year period; year to date non-GAAP Adjusted Earnings of $20.1 million, as compared to $3.8 million in the prior year period.
LE: Float of 16.16 million shares with 18.49% short.
Lands End, the casual clothing, accessories, and footwear retailer, reported third-quarter earnings and revenue that beat expectations. Net income totaled $162,000, or a penny per share, compared with a loss of $7.2 million, or 23 cents per share, for the same period last year. Revenue was $325.5 million for the quarter, up from $311.5 million last year. The FactSet consensus was for a loss of 4 cents per share and sales of $320.0 million.